twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spicy Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce

I have to be honest - I am not a HUGE red meat fan. Robert is, so I definitely have to go out of my comfort zone to cook for him. Granted, we eat a lot of chicken, I make sure to give him some other variety of meat. I love this recipe because I'm not eating red meat but it is very similar to ground beef. I bet if I wouldn't have told Robert that it was ground turkey, he probably would have never known! Plus, this is spicy - but if you don't like spicy foods, just cut back on the red pepper flakes. I'm not a huge spicy food fan, but my man is so I make it more spicy just for him (now thats love!)

Spicy Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce
Ingredients:
Olive Oil
1 onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 lb cooked pasta
1 lb ground turkey
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I added less, then worked my way up depending on taste!)
1/4 tsp parsley parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

While you are making the sauce, cook your pasta, but save 1 cup of the cooking water for later. Saute the onion in the olive oil in a large skillet/pan until the onion is tender then add in 1 clove of minced garlic (i use the pre-minced kind that you can find in your grocery store in the vegetable area - its soooo much quicker!). Cook the garlic for about 1 minute. Crumble the ground turkey and add into the pan, season with salt and pepper. Cook the ground turkey until there is no pink left. Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes. Let this simmer for about 5-7 minutes, then add in parsley and about 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir well and pour into your pasta. Use the 1 cup cooking water to make the sauce thinner depending on what you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment